It is usual for permanent positions at The Friends’ School to be advertised. A position booklet is provided for each position, which outlines relevant information about the position as well as selection criteria.
Interested persons are invited to review the School’s Staff Equal Opportunity Recruitment Policy.
An Application for Employment should be downloaded to accompany each application.
Enquiries may be directed to the Principal’s Personal Assistant, Louise Bridge, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone (03) 6210 2202.
Friends Health & Fitness
Friends Health & Fitness are currently seeking a results driven, qualified fitness professional to join our dynamic team. Initially the position will be offered on a casual basis, with the possibility of permanent work in the future.
- Are you an energetic self-motivator who sparkles?
- Do you love empowering others to achieve their goals?
- Are you passionate about fitness?
This role involves personal and group training, and gym supervision.
If you’re oozing fitness knowledge and love people this is a great role for you!
To be considered for this position please access the position description (link on the right), which includes selection criteria to address in your application. Applications should be received by Friday 1 September addressed to: Nelson File – Principal, The Friends’ School, PO Box 42, North Hobart 7002 or emailed to email@example.com
Bus Driver/Facilities Officer (permanent part-time)
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to this permanent part-time position, which is staffed for 26 hours per week during term-time only. The successful applicant will start as soon as mutually convenient.
We are seeking to appoint well-qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated teachers to the following positions, starting Term 1 2018:
Teacher of Japanese, Years 7 to 12
This appointment will be approximately 45% permanent full-time equivalent, with an additional 15% temporary teaching load for 2018.
Teachers of Science
- Full-time permanent Teacher of Chemistry and Physical Science from Years 7 to 12. Familiarity with the TCE, as well as International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme experience, will be considered favourably.
- Full-time permanent Teacher of General Science, Years 7 to 10.
- Two temporary positions of Teacher of General Science, predominantly for Years 7 to 10, for the 2018 school year. One of these appointments will be required to teach pre-tertiary Physical Science. Applications for both full and part-time employment will be considered.
Learning Support Teacher K-6 (60% full-time equivalent)
Teacher of English 7-12 (full-time)
Application closing dates:
Bus Driver/Facilities Officer – Monday 21 August
Teacher of Japanese – Monday 21 August
Teachers of Science – Monday 21 August
Learning Support Teacher – Monday 28 August
Teacher of English – Monday 28 August
Applications addressing the selection criteria, and including the Application for Employment, introductory letter and a CV should be received by the due date as above, addressed to: Nelson File – Principal, The Friends’ School, PO Box 42, North Hobart 7002 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org