What is coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that can cause an infection in people, including a severe respiratory illness. The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel unwell. If you take medication, please ensure you have adequate supplies
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol
- Get the flu shot (available April)
- Shaking hands is not recommended
Have the term dates changed?
No. The Friends’ School has not altered any term dates. Term 2 commenced on Monday 27 April 2020 and at this stage, the last day of Term 2 will be Friday 3 July 2020. Please click here for details
Is the School open?
Yes, currently the School is open and is provided distance learning for students, who are off-campus. Students must seek permission from their Head of School if they wish to come on campus.
What if I can’t supervise or care for my child at home?
Parents/guardians with occupational requirements that prevent them from caring or supervising their children at home during distance learning, may submit a request for the School to supervise their children for half or the full day. Please submit these requests to your child’s school campus office:
Morris – Friends’ Primary Years Office – 6210 2228 | email@example.com
High School Office – 6210 2235 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Clemes Office – 6210 2255 | email@example.com
Is Friends’ Early Learning open?
Friends’ Early Learning as an Early Childhood Education and Care provider is currently defined as an essential service provider, therefore it will remain open.
Is Outside School Hours Care operating?
Outside School Hours Care is currently not operating at Friends’. Students who are being supervised at Morris – Friends’ Primary Years can be dropped off after 8am and must be picked up before 4pm.