We seek applications annually for music scholarships from students entering Years 7 and 11 the following year. For entry into 2022, we are also inviting applications for music scholarships from students entering Year 8, Year 9 and Year 10. The additional entry points are possible because of the existence of several unfilled music scholarships.
Scholarships for entry into Year 8 and Year 9 are open to both current and new students to the School given the enrolment opportunities in these year groups. However, with the current and projected size of the Year 10 cohort in 2021, music scholarships for that year group will only be open to current Friends’ students.
A Music Scholarship provides a 25% reduction in tuition fees only. All scholarships are tenable throughout the student’s enrolment time. Additional financial assistance may be available for families that demonstrate a financial need in order to attend The Friends’ School.
Music Scholarships are offered to students who demonstrate outstanding musicianship and the ability to make an ongoing, strong and varied contribution to the musical life of the School. Specifically, music scholars will:
- Have a passion for music
- Be involved in a minimum of two ensembles in the HS
- Involved in a minimum of one ensemble at Clemes if also studying Music; otherwise, a minimum of two ensembles will be expected
- Be available for other music events as required from time to time
- Be effective role models and display leadership skills within the School’s music community, supporting music events as required and practical to do so
- Study Music as a subject from Years 7 to 10 and where the chosen curriculum pathway allows, in at least one of the two years at Clemes.
Music Scholars in the High School meet with a Head of High School and the Head of Music once a year to review their involvement in the Music Program and academic participation. Years 11 and 12 Scholars meet only with the Head of Music unless a meeting with the Head of Clemes is also necessary.
Applications for a Merit/Music/Boarding Scholarship for entry into Year 7 or 11 in 2022 are now open.
Please CLICK HERE TO APPLY. There is no scholarship application fee and applications close 9am Tuesday 9 March 2021. Further information on the scholarship exams and music auditions can be viewed below.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss, please don’t hesitate to contact the Enrolments Office on either firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 6210 2286.