Alumni Reps Quarterly Meeting | October 2021
Posted on December 1, 2021
A summary of topics discussed:
- Principal Nelson File updated the Alumni Reps on the current and future focus of the School, including progress on the new sports centre development and Board priorities including review of the Climate Impact Policy, 2030 carbon neutral target and RAP development.
- Friends’ Together, our annual giving program, has resonated with the community and is connected to specific outcomes for our students.
- The School reached out to our alumni in Victoria, NSW and the ACT during their recent lockdowns. We received a number of heartfelt responses from alumni in response to Nelson File’s best wishes to our alumni community.
- Reunions are scheduled for December – please visit Reunions & Events for more information.
- The Hobart Alumni Community Friendly Friday event was held 12th November, providing a fantastic opportunity for former students and families, past staff and volunteers and friends of the School to gather for an informal drink and catch up. The night was deemed fabulous by many.
- Our focus on young alumni initiatives continues, with continuing to build connections for students on LinkedIn and supporting students to transition to life after School. We encourage our alumni to join The Friends’ School’s LinkedIn page to increase our connections with each other and provide opportunities for our young alumni to build their professional networks. This should be done by selecting the School in the drop-down menu when updating profiles, rather than entering free text.
- As incoming Year 7 students will receive class alumni pins going forwards, the majority of other secondary students also received their pins through Gatherings. The remaining students who have yet to be presented with their pins will receive these in early 2022.
- We continue to seek alumni stories, news, updates and any snippets to share with our community. With the new sports centre being built and in an Olympic year, sports stories are also very welcome. Stories can be shared via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Meeting: Monday 21 February, 2022
Your ideas: Have a great idea? Ready to tell your Friends’ story? Please get in touch!
Lucy Loney (Ogilvie) (1988) (Convener)
Flick Boucher (1989)
Sam Cairnduff (1994)
Tessa Fink (1999), Germany
Jade Galbally (1995), Melbourne
Alex Given (2009), London, UK
Roly Hill (1959), Western Australia
Tasman Inglis (2020)
Andrew Kibbey (1995), Melbourne
Charlotte Rogers (2020)
Roger Stilwell (1956), British Columbia, Canada
Mary Woolnough (1969)
About the Friends’ Alumni Community
The Friends’ Alumni Community (FAC) encompasses alumni and their families, former staff and volunteers, and friends of the School – wherever you are in the world. Membership is automatic – there is no application or membership fee. If you wish to receive updates about the activities of this group please ensure your details are up to date.