Alumni Reps Quarterly Meeting | August 2021
Posted on October 1, 2021
A summary of topics discussed:
- Principal Nelson File updated the Alumni Reps on the current and future focus of the School, including year group organisation, renovations/upgrades to the Bell Street site, and progress on the new sports centre development.
- Friends’ Together, our annual giving program, has seen an uptake in the community, with empathy and a return to philanthropy and associated values reflected in people’s giving. This year we have asked our community to help fund the installation of the court at the centre of our new sports centre.
- The Farrall Centre showcase event was an amazing night filled with student performance pieces as a meaningful way to thank the Friends’ community for their thoughtful contributions to support the building of the centre.
- Reunions are scheduled for November and December – visit Reunions & Events for more information.
Please note, September reunions have unfortunately been postponed due to COVID restrictions and will be rescheduled.
- The next Hobart Alumni Community event is 12th November. This event is an opportunity for former students and families, past staff and volunteers and friends of the School to gather for an informal drink and catch up.
- A past staff reunion was previously suggested for the end of the year. Feedback from former staff was positive and had practical suggestions including linking in with the launch of the new sports centre in 2022. More details to come.
- Our focus on young alumni initiatives continues, with recent sessions held for Clemes students on LinkedIn and to support students to transition to life after School.
- As incoming Year 7 students will receive alumni pins, the majority of other secondary students received their pins through Gatherings. The remaining students who have yet to be presented with their pins will receive these in early 2022.
- We continue to seek alumni stories, news, updates and any snippets to share with our community. With the new sports centre being built and in an Olympic year, sports stories are also very welcome. Stories can be shared via email@example.com
Next Meeting: Monday 25 October, 2021
Your ideas: Have a great idea? Ready to tell your Friends’ story? Please get in touch!
Lucy Loney (Ogilvie) (1988) (Convener)
Flick Boucher (1989)
Sam Cairnduff (1994)
Tessa Fink (1999), Germany
Jade Galbally (1995), Melbourne
Alex Given (2009), London, UK
Roly Hill (1959), Western Australia
Tasman Inglis (2020)
Andrew Kibbey (1995), Melbourne
Charlotte Rogers (2020)
Roger Stilwell (1956), British Columbia, Canada
Mary Woolnough (1969)
About the Friends’ Alumni Community
The Friends’ Alumni Community (FAC) encompasses alumni and their families, former staff and volunteers, and friends of the School – wherever you are in the world. Membership is automatic – there is no application or membership fee. If you wish to receive updates about the activities of this group please ensure your details are up to date.
Join us on: