Friends’ Alumni Community Reps Meeting Monday 10 May 2021
Posted on May 11, 2021
Lucy Loney (‘88) (Convenor), Flick Boucher (‘89), Jade Galbally (‘95), Roly Hill (‘59), Tasman Inglis (‘20), Charlotte Rogers (‘20), Bill Avery, Director of Community Engagement and Laura Halm, Community Engagement Coordinator.
Sam Cairnduff (‘94), Andrew Kibbey (‘95), Mary Woolnough (‘69), Nelson File, Principal.
- A groundswell of support for “Hobart Friends” events and activities means the next event will be scheduled for late October. This event is an opportunity for former students and families, past staff and volunteers and friends of the School to gather for an informal drink and catch up. More details will be shared soon.
- Reunions are back – visit Reunions & Events for more information.
- A past staff reunion has been suggested for the end of the year. More details to come. If any former staff would like to get involved with planning this event please get in touch.
- Our focus on young alumni initiatives continues with a specific focus on supporting Year 12 students transition to life after School.
- Principal Nelson File invited the Alumni Reps to join the annual Principal’s Address Q&A session at the School. You can read the 2021 Principal’s Address here.
- Friends’ Together, our annual giving program, has launched. This year we are asking our community to help fund the installation of the Court at the centre of our new Sports Centre.
- We continue to seek alumni stories to share with our community. With the new Sports Centre being built and in an Olympic year sports stories are very welcome.
Next Meeting: Monday 2 August, 2021
Your Ideas: Got a great idea? Ready to tell your Friends’ story? Please get in touch!
About the Friends’ Alumni Community
The Friends’ Alumni Community (FAC) encompasses alumni and their families, former staff and volunteers, and friends of the School – wherever you are in the world. Membership is automatic – there is no application or membership fee. If you wish to receive updates about the activities of this group please ensure your details are up to date.
Join us on: