Friends’ Alumni Community Reps Meeting | Monday 3 August 2020
Posted on August 7, 2020
The Alumni Reps met on Monday 3 August 2020 by Zoom video conference.
Lucy Loney (‘98) (Acting Convener), Sam Cairnduff (‘94), Jade Galbally (‘95), Mary Woolnough (‘69), Bill Avery, Director of Community Engagement, Nelson File, Principal.
Andrew Kibbey (‘95), Flick Boucher (‘89)
- The School has been able to recommence co-curricular programs, Assemblies and other aspects of school life whilst continuing to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Reunions for the Class of 2019 and Class of 2015 are scheduled for December, assuming it is safe to do so. Reunions for the Classes of 2010, 2000, 1990, 1980 and 1970 have been postponed.
- Contributions to the School’s giving programs this year have been particularly generous given the challenges the community faces due to Covid-19. A number of qualifying families have received funding from the Emergency Fee Relief Fund enabling them to keep their children at the School, and a number of bursaries have been awarded to new students entering Year 5 and Year 11 whose families could not otherwise afford to attend the School.
- The Impact of Giving Report 2019 (digital) will be shared with the community soon. It acknowledges the generosity of our community, and shares the impact of community donations. This will be followed soon after by the second edition of The Torch magazine.
- Alumni Reps have been making calls to ‘at risk or vulnerable’ community members in recent weeks. More than 250 calls have now been made by Board Members, Community Engagement team members, School leadership and Students with overwhelmingly positive feedback from the alumni community.
- Lucy Loney has been appointed as Convenor of this Committee to the end of 2021.
- Alex Given (2009) in London, and Tessa Fink (1999) in Germany, have generously offered to be contact points for Friends’ alumni in their regions.
Next Meeting: Monday 26 October, 2020
Your Ideas: Got a great idea? Ready to tell your Friends’ story? Please get in touch!
Lucy Loney (Ogilvie) (1988) (Convener)
Flick Boucher (1989)
Sam Cairnduff (1994)
Jade Galbally (1995), Melbourne
Roly Hill (1959), Western Australia
Andrew Kibbey (1995), Melbourne
Mary Woolnough (1969)
Roger Stilwell (1956), British Columbia, Canada
Alex Given (2009), London, UK
Tessa Fink (1999), Germany
About the Friends’ Alumni Community
The Friends’ Alumni Community (FAC) encompasses alumni and their families, former staff and volunteers, and friends of the School – wherever you are in the world.
Membership is automatic – there is no application or membership fee. If you wish to receive updates about the activities of this group please ensure your details are up to date.