Postponed or Cancelled Events
Posted on March 18, 2020
As the School continues to follow the guidelines of the national and state public health authorities with respect to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), a number of upcoming events or activities have been postponed or cancelled until further notice. These include:
- School assemblies
- School Camps (including the Year 10 Icon camps scheduled for the Term 1 Break and the Year 9 camps scheduled for the start of Term 2)
- School excursions
- School sports training and matches with other school teams. This includes all SATIS sports events (including Head of the River, SATIS and JSSATIS Swimming Carnivals up until the end of Term 1).
- All Music rehearsals and performances
- Visiting guest speaker events
- VET placements external to the Clemes Campus. This includes placements at Friends’ Early Learning and other industry placements.
- External venue hire events
- Parent-teacher discussions, including Year 7 Meet the Key Teacher (scheduled for this Thursday 19 March)
- The Whole of School Gathering (scheduled for 24 March 2020)
- Scholarship Exams (scheduled for Music on 27 March and Merit/Boarding on 28 March)
- The School-based immunisation project (as advised by the City of Hobart’s Environmental Health Department)
Clemes Progress Reports which we due for communication this week will also be delayed.
In these difficult times, we ask our community to remain calm, support each other and to be vigilant with personal hygiene, in particular, regular handwashing and the use of hand sanitiser.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact Bill Avery, Director of Community Engagement.