Extensive teacher professional development
Recognising the need to cater for increasing levels of stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders and health problems, all teaching staff have participated in extensive Professional Development in the area of Wellbeing in the past four years.
Over the past four years, the following workshops have been run for all teaching staff:
- Mental Health First Aid – depression training
- Curriculum of Giving, Thomas Neilson
- Service, Stillness and Silence, Richard Browning
- Wellbeing and ICT, Jamie McKenzie
- Mindfulness, Sandra Wiggins and Julian Robertson
- Mindfulness, core skills and habits of mind, Irene McHenry.
In addition all teachers have attended a number of the following workshops:
- Martin Seligman’s Positive Psychology
- Mental Health First Aid units on psychosis, anxiety, eating disorders, self harm and drugs;
- Digital Citizenship
- KidsMatter (all Morris teachers)
- Learning support and differentiation
- Positive Education
- Resilience and the SenseAbility Kit (all High School Health faculty)
- Feedback using IT.
Wellbeing and Mental Health continue to be pressing issues in schools, and will continue to be part of our ongoing focus on student welfare into the future.