Year 7 Outdoor Education
Outdoor Education forms one part of the Year 7 Connections curriculum. It challenges and enriches students’ understanding of their world and provides them with direct experiences in the environment.
The Year 7 Outdoor Education Experience includes:
- A beach day where they learn about water safety and activities
- A mountain walk where they walk up part of Mount Wellington. This teaches the students about being properly prepared for longer bush walks, what sort of gear is required and gives them a taste of a bushwalking experience.
- An orienteering day at Risdon Brook Dam. This day teaches valuable map-reading and compass skills.
- A winter skills day where students head up to Mount Wellington to have some fun in the snow and learn about the importance of being prepared in cold climate environments.
- A three-day (two night) camp at Orford where students learn about camping skills such as pitching a tent and cooking with a Trangia.