The Friends’ School provides its students with opportunities to participate in a variety of social and competitive sports in accordance with the Purpose and Concerns statement of the School.
• physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle
• an understanding and appreciation of game skills and strategies
• self-esteem and a desire for personal excellence
• lifelong social and recreational skills
• values such as honesty and integrity, justice, commitment and responsibility.
We encourage students to:
- enjoy participating in sport at the level of their social and physical ability
- be competitive, cooperative and sporting in their endeavours
- aim for personal and team excellence
- take pride in representing the School in sporting events.
Current sporting options include Athletics, Australian Rules Football, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-Country, Equestrian, Hockey, Netball, Orienteering, Rowing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Underwater Hockey and Water Polo.
The weekly sporting roster is provided here.