In Tasmania, applications for undergraduate university study can be made directly to the University of Tasmania (UTAS) while applications for study interstate must be completed via the relevant Tertiary Admissions Centre (TAC).
Please be aware that each State’s online application service is slightly different and also that fees will vary between States.
Tertiary Admissions Centres
- SA and NT Universities: SATAC
- Victorian Universities: VTAC
- NSW Universities: UAC
- QLD Universities: QTAC
- WA Universities: TISC
General Advice for Students
- Read the instructions on the website thoroughly before starting your application.
- Have a pen and paper handy for recording registration numbers and passwords.
- Do your research before you apply and make sure you have a list of courses you wish to apply for.
- Check the pre-requisites before you apply to ensure that you meet the requirements for entry into the course.
- Check for other entry requirements such as UMAT, audition, pre-selection kit and/or interview.
Students who didn’t receive the desired ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) may wish to consider uniTEST, which has been developed to assist universities with student selection. It assesses the kinds of generic reasoning and thinking skills that underpin studies at higher education.
Some universities may consider uniTEST results in addition to the ATAR.
Many universities use UMAT (Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admissions Test) as part of the selection process for undergraduate study in medicine, dentistry and health sciences. It is necessary to register for the test (Year 12 students only) via the website. Examples of the test are also provided along with a list of those institutions currently using UMAT to select students.