Careers and Pathways
The Friends’ School offers a varied program of activities designed to assist students to make informed decisions and develop a sense of future. Students from Years 7–12 have access to Careers Advisors who provide:
- individual course counselling
- opportunity to participate in ‘Taster Programs‘ (industry-specific career programs)
- personal consultations with both parents and students regarding career and course decisions
- up-to-date career and course information
- work experience placements in Year 10
- vocational assessment tests such as The Morrisby Profile
- support and assistance with accessing school-based traineeships
- access to a range of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses in Years 11 and 12
- pathway planning.
A comprehensive listing of careers resources provides links to numerous sites with useful and relevant information that can assist with career pathway decisions.
Useful articles and workplace news are also provided.