Curriculum focusing on wellbeing
At each year level students explore the same five composite skills at developmentally appropriate levels. These five composite skills are:
- Self Awareness – identifying emotions, recognising strengths
- Social Awareness – perspective taking, appreciating diversity
- Self Management – managing emotions, expressing emotions appropriately, goal setting
- Responsible Decision Making – analysing situations, assuming personal responsibility, respecting others, problem solving
- Relationship skills – communication, building relationships, negotiation, refusal.
Additional externally provided programs support this scope and sequence. These include: