The Friends’ School offers scholarships and fee assistance based on a number of criteria including area of talent and personal circumstances. We welcome applications from students who believe they can make a positive contribution to our School community. The number of Scholarships awarded each year is dependent upon the quality of the applicants and the availability of places.
Community philanthropy has been integral to The Friends’ School and its core values since the school was founded in 1887. This community philanthropy and generosity continues to this day. Scholarships and fee assistance packages are funded by generous donations from the School community.
If you have any questions about the process for obtaining a scholarship or fee assistance package, please contact the Enrolments Manager, Jen Scharkie, on either +61 3 6210 2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN SCHOLARSHIPS & BURSARIES
The Friends’ Fellowship 2019
Applications for The Friends’ Fellowship 2019 are now open.
The Friends’ Fellowship is a two year program enabling a talented well-rounded young person – whose family is without the financial means – to access and benefit from a Friends’ education in 2019. Funded entirely by donations from old scholars, current and past families, current and past staff members and friends of the School during the School’s 2018 Annual Giving program, we now welcome applications for a new student to come to Friends’ next year. Students and families from regional areas are encouraged to apply and are welcome to discuss their individual needs.
Term: Two years
Entry Level: A new student entering Year 11 in 2019
Value: Up to 75% of school fees and IB Diploma fees if applicable
Applications open: Monday 6 August 2018
Applications close: Monday 24 September 2018
Selection panel: Enrolments Manager, Principal, Fee Assistance Committee
- Applications can be completed online.
- Students will be interviewed by the relevant Head of School and Principal.
- Shortlisted families will need to complete the Fees Assistance Form provided by The Friends’ School.
Qualifying applications will need to include:
- Consistent school records that demonstrate academic commitment.
- A sample of school work the student feels is a good demonstration of their abilities.
- A statement focusing on how they have contributed to their current community (within and/or external to school) and how they see that contribution continuing in the future. A short video (maximum 2 minutes) can be accepted instead. Video can be supplied as .mov or .mp4 and should be no larger than 500MB.
- A statement that demonstrates the students’ involvement in co-curricular activities at their current school and their anticipated co-curricular activities at Friends’.
- A statement about why they want to come to Friends’.
- A letter of recommendation from a current or recent past teacher who would address what type of student and person the applicant is.
Please view/print the sample application form prior to starting the application process to ensure you have all the required documents available.
Enquiries are welcome, and can be directed to the Enrolments Manager, Jen Scharkie, on either +61 3 6210 2286 or email@example.com.
Music, Merit and Boarding Scholarship applications for 2019 have now closed. Applications for 2020 Scholarships will open in early 2019. For more information about these Scholarships please visit About Friends’ Scholarships.