The Pre-Kindergarten program provides a gentle transition into school life and a great preparation for Kindergarten, increasing the chances that your child will have a positive start at school.
Pre-Kindergarten operates throughout the year from the Friends’ Early Years building. The core program operates from 9:00am to 3:00pm but children may attend anytime from 7:30am through to 6:00pm.
An experienced teacher leads the program and the children are involved in readiness skills to prepare them for Kindergarten.
The children attend library, undertake regular music, art and physical education activities and participate in a buddy program with our upper primary students. Regular excursions and guest visitors also form part of the program and the children are taught about sustainability and caring for our environment.
The benefits of Pre-Kindergarten include:
- Your child enjoys a gentle transition into the education process
- It increases your child’s ability to achieve success in Kindergarten
- Your child will develop relationships with his or her peers and the school community
- Your child will gain knowledge of the layout and the routines of the school, so that Kindergarten does not become a frightening prospect for them
- Cost savings, as Pre-Kinder fees are eligible for Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate discounts
The Pre-Kindergarten program covers:
- Introduction to Literacy skills and concepts
- Introduction to Mathematics skills and concepts
- Developmental play activities
- Group projects
- Science activities
- News time